In April 1893 Rector Meredith announced that a successful meeting had been held to establish a Union. It would be called The Old Greys' Union whose objectives would be as follows:
- To keep Old Boys in touch with one another and the School.
- To further the development and prosperity of the Institute.
- To stimulate and encourage the present boys a connection with the past history of the Grey Institute
About the UnionA platform dedicated to connecting Old Boys to their Alma mater. The Union maintains a full-time office situated on the Senior Campus and which is funded by the annual subscriptions paid by its members. The annual Union membership includes membership of the Old Grey Club and its own benefits.
The OGU is governed by a committee of old boys which is elected each year at a formal Annual General Meeting. The committee meet on a monthly basis to discuss all matters relating to The Grey community and ensuring the longevity of the Union. The committee itself is divided into portfolios including treasurer, honorary secretary, marketing, club report and events. We welcome all Union members to serve a seat on the committee.