Donations in South Africa
The Grey Foundation's trust is registered as a Section 18A Non-Profit Organisation (NPO). South African taxpayers are eligible for a tax deduction (up to 10% of your annual taxable income (subject to SARS rules)) for donations towards The Grey Foundation Trust.
The following payment methods are available:
Online Donations secure payment page
Simply go to the secure online donations page, select your donation preferences and pay using a Credit Card.
Monthly Foundation Debit Order (South Africa)
Download Foundation Debit Order Form
Debit orders provide you with a simple, hassle-free way to make a monthly contribution to the Foundation.
A consolidated tax certificate is issued and sent to donors at the end of the financial tax year (February).
Benefits of paying by debit order
- Make a contribution that fits your pocket. From as little as R100 per month, every donation counts.
- If you are an Old Grey your annual Old Greys' Union fees are added as a benefit if you sign up for R100 or more per month.*
- Your can nominate where your contribution should be allicated, or select that the funds be used at the discretion of the Foundation Trustees. See the 5 Pillars of Investment for details on how funds are distributed.
- You will receive a consolidated Section 18a Tax Certificate at the end of the financial year, allowing you to submit to SARS for tax deduction.*
*Subject to SARS rules and Old Greys' Union fees do not form part of a tax deductible contribution
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) (South Africa)
Once-off or Annual donations can be made by direct deposit into our bank account.
A Section 18A Tax Certificate will be issued and sent to the donor once the deposit has reflected in our account.
Cash deposit or cheque (South Africa)
- Cash deposits can be made into our bank account as follows:
Account name: The Grey Foundation Trust
Branch: Rink Street
Branch code: 050 417 00
Account: 08 029 0086
Reference: Please use your initials and surname as reference
- Post or hand deliver a cheque to the The Grey Foundation office at the following address:
Postal address: The Grey Foundation, Private Bag X0002, Greenacres, Port Elizabeth, 6070
Physical address: The Grey Foundation, c/o Grey High School, College Drive, Mill Park, Port Elizabeth, 6001